workers Jobs BRISBANE
Join the Nextt team
Support Worker Jobs Brisbane
Support workers are core to the work we do.
Every day you will be supporting people with a range of complex conditions to reach their goals and to live life as independently as possible.
At Nextt, our goal is to make a meaningful difference to the lives of our clients. We are looking for support workers to join our team that have the experience and expertise, and who share our passion and skills for looking after people and the community.
When you join our team, you will work in an adaptable, supportive environment that invests into the ongoing training and development of our talented people.
SUPPORT WORKER JOBS BRISBANE | WHY WORK WITH NEXTT?
At Nextt, we provide you with ongoing work with participants who meet your skills and interests. You’ll become part of a professional team that believes that constant improvement and self-development is essential to becoming an exceptional support worker; a good work life balance that offers you with new opportunities and experiences to progress your career.
WHAT TRAINING IS OFFERED?
Our support workers are provided with a wide range of training so they have the core skills to be effective – and deliver service excellence – in their role. This might include:
- Foundational skills training
- Work safety training
- Restrictive practices training
- Complex behaviour training
- Negotiation training
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING?
You will be supporting people with disability to achieve their goals, to live more independently and to get the most out of life. Although this kind of work is challenging, the rewards always outweigh the challenges, knowing that you are making a difference to someone’s life, as well as making positive improvements to the lives of their families and communities they live in.
- Assist people with daily living, with a focus on self-care and high intensity personal care activities.
- Help clients develop skills and participate in community activities.
- Facilitating daily personal hygiene and dressing tasks.
- Performing home based tasks such as food preparation and housework
- Implement a client-centred approach in delivering services and support.
- Providing community access to clients so they can improve social skills and confidence
- Assist with high-level manual handling tasks.
- Providing emotional support and friendship.
How we will support you
A welcoming team environment
Flexible work schedules
Are you searching for a long-term career in a job that can lead to new and different opportunities? Disability Support Work is a great path to follow.
What you can expect when working at Nextt
Part of a Community
At Nextt, we have over 1,800 staff across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia. Positions range from office based to field support workers. We are a strong community of people with a common focus – making a difference in people’s lives.
- Nextt Community – our online communication portal allows all workers to communicate with each other and access information.
- Support – you are only a phone call away from our off based team including the Head of Employee Services who collectively will ensure that you and our client’s safety is the number one priority.8
Diverse and inclusive culture
The wonderful staff in our Nextt Community are broad-based and varied:
- Our people come from over 27 nationalities
- Over 85% of our people are women
- We embrace older employees – over 50% of our people are aged greater than 50 years
- 61% of our people have worked for the company for our 5 years
Over 92% of our people state their major motivation for working with us is the opportunity to make a difference in our clients’ lives.
Training and Career Development
- Online access to training modules and webinars
- Periodic face-to-face training
- Opportunities for career progression within Nextt
Benefits and rewards
- You will have access to a wide ranging benefits program
- We offer you special staff arrangements for family member requiring support
Register your interest
Meet two of
our incredible support workers
Kim had recently moved to a new hometown with her four children when she came across an ad in the newspaper advertising jobs to work at Nextt. It sparked an interest in Kim who enquired but informed Nextt that she was limited with her hours due to her last child starting kindergarten and her other three still in primary school. Kim considered herself luckily having secured a job as a community support worker providing assistance to clients varying from In-Homecare, Respite, Personal Care and Transport. Kim was able to work flexible hours which for Kim, proved to be an ideal working arrangement.
Bring part of a team who collectively work to allow clients to remain in their homes for as long as possible is important and rewarding to Kim. She gives her client’s families a peace of mind that there is someone to support and care for their loved ones. Kim’s good sense of humor and hard working attitude lets her develop an instant rapport when meeting clients for the first time. Being patient, trustworthy, positive and always on time are some strong qualities Kim displays, making Kim well admired amongst clients. She is able to make clients feel comfortable around her and at ease. Raising four children and two dogs with her husband, Kim takes pride in herself in doing the best job at home and at work. Clients speak of Kim fondly and with warmth and respect. When Kim is not working, you will find her off making her way to the local markets or travelling to her childhood holiday destination with her family.
Elaine started working with Quality in Home back in 1999 which was then bought out by Nextt. She worked as a full time support worker before going part time to care for her husband.
About four years ago, Nextt saw great potential in Elaine and offered to train her as an on call consultant allowing her to work from home. Elaine appreciates this role as it allows her to continue to talk to clients and get to know the support workers. Clients who ring are surprised to talk to a real, helpful and lovely person like Elaine and not a machine. Elaine has and continues to learn within the role and enjoys coming into the Nextt office when necessary. She is patient and understanding of our support workers and clients’ needs. Her encouraging, caring, friendly nature and her readiness to listen allows support workers to feel comfortable when contacting her.
When Elaine is not working, she can be found cross stitching or tapestry stitching at her on site van at Maldon with a cup of tea by her side. She enjoys going to the movies and loves spending time with her four supportive children and her six beautiful grandchildren.
Nextt is proud to have such incredible and hard working staff like
Kim and Elaine within our community.
Join our Nextt community by visiting our Careers page.
Call us Monday to Friday
8.30 am to 5pm on
0734 986 311
to speak to our local team
Join our team and support people with a range of complex conditions to achieve their goals and live an independent life.